WEATHERiFOBOX WIBE Receiver
WEATHERiFOBOX WIBE Europe-Receiver
WIBE Wetterinfobox Europe for PC (USB). Sea waether information from the German Weather Service, Northwood, Boston und Halifax. Worldwide NAVTEX-Receiption and Barograph with tendency announcement.
- Digital sea-weather receiver for the PC (USB)
- European-wide weather information from Northwood and DWD
- World-wide Navtex receipt
- Sea-weather forecasts of the DWD (German weather service) on short and long wave
- Facsimile weather charts of the GWS (DWD), Northwood, Boston, New Orleans and Halifax (weather fax)
- NAVTEX at 518 kHz (internationally, English)
- NAVTEX at 490 kHz (national, national language)
- Decoded Synop messages of the DWD
- Very simply to program
- Automatic frequency tuning
- Diagram of the air pressure process, with tendency announcement
- Display of the weather forecasts on PDA possible
- Use free of charge for the Skipper
The German weather service (DWD) sends sea-weather forecasts on one long and five short wave frequencies. With WIBE the reception of forecasts for the next 24h, 2- and 5-days (in German and English language) are possible.
Weather Fax (GWS (DWD), Northwood, Boston, New Orleans and Halifax)
In addition to the plain text sea-weather forecasts weather charts in facsimile style are also sent. After receiving data from Northwood or the german weather service they are represented on the PC monitor.
NAVTEX of the costal radio stations
The equipment is able to receive world-wide the NAVTEX messages of the costal radio stations on the frequencies 490 kHz and 518 kHz.
NAVTEX messages e.g. contain: Nautical warnings, distress messages, weather forecasts, strom-warnings.
Synop/Ship messages from the GWS/DWD
The Synop messages are stored by the Weatherinfobox and represented as wind arrows in a pixel map on PC.
The air pressure is noted during one period of maximally seven days. The air pressure process can be indicated then on the PC.
Frequencies: 147,3kHz, 490kHz, 518kHz, 3,8MHz - 14,5MHz
Antenna connection: 50 ohms, for external active antenna or isolated backstay (Balun)
Pressure sensor: Air pressure sensor with 0,1hPa resolution
PC-Port: USB Full speed
Operating systems: Windows 2000, XP, VISTA
Min. screen resolution: 1024x768 pixel
Data memory: 4MB Flash (non volatile)
Card slot: SD- and MMC Cards
Decoding: RTTY for DWD weather, Sitor for NAVTEX, F1C for facsimile
Operating voltage: 12V, power input only approx. 80-120 mA
Dimensions: approx. 130x45x90mm